"Growing in Cuteness and Love"

Friday, April 10, 2009

Reflections of China by: Bailey

   It's really hard to think that we have been in China for 35 days.   Some of the things that stuck out the most were when we received our sister (for the first time).  I was so exited and nervous at the same time.   Also a favourite was seeing the thousands of Terra-cotta Warriors.   Another was zooming down the slide at the great wall from the top of the mountain.  I nearly peed my pants it was so fast.   An event amazing for all of us was visiting Kayla's Orphanage and seeing where she lived for the first 10 months of her life.   Another amazing experience was when I had the opportunity to hold a baby panda in Chengdu.    The kids at PHF are precious and I loved playing with them.    I also loved meeting and playing with my friends the Baker boys(Phil,Zack and Nate).     I loved meeting auntie Dawn and the amazing Tim and Pam Baker and the wonderful staff.   I really hope I can visit them again soon and the kids will always be in my heart and in my prayers.   China has been amazing even though there are some disadvantages such as the spitting and smoking and the pollution (the air does not smell nice).    Some advantages are that you can bargain and get an Abercrombie T-shirt for 8$ Canadian.   We are so used to the ways in China that Addy will pick a squatty potty over a regular toilet even though she stepped in it the first few times and peed all over herself.  Almost time to leave.    See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Bailey,
    I loved meeting you too. I can't wait to see what He has planned for your life. China may be calling you too! We could use a good guitar player here for worship! :)
    Miss you! Hope your friends like all your cool China T-shirts!
    blessings,
    Auntie Dawn

    ReplyDelete